TeamHealth Institute is the clinical education and communication hub for TeamHealth, offering our affiliated providers more than 100,000 hours of continuing medical education (CME) through seminars, video presentations, and online activities.
TeamHealth Institute’s CME program, approved by both the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education and the American Nurses Credentialing Center, supports TeamHealth’s organizational philosophy of supporting our providers in the provision of quality medical care, promoting positive outcomes, and fostering a culture of clinical excellence through continued quality education and development. This service is made available to TeamHealth-affiliated clinicians free of charge.
TeamHealth Institute also houses the TeamHealth Patient Safety Organization, which is recognized by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
and is the first national emergency medicine group to earn this distinction. A Patient Safety Organization fosters a culture of safety and creates a secure environment where providers can collect and analyze data to identify and reduce the risks and hazards associated with patient care. All TeamHealth clinicians are members of the Patient Safety Organization and have online access to participate in relevant continuing medical education, continuous quality improvement, and self-evaluation activities without fear of discoverability, thereby enhancing patient safety.
Through the TeamHealth Institute, providers enjoy tools and resources such as:
• Free clinical and non-clinical CME
• Risk management training and support
• Malpractice litigation counseling
• Leadership development tools and training
• Clinical informatics and EDIS resources
• Wellness, stress management, and financial planning assistance
• Access to dozens of textbooks, an extensive image library, and instructional videos on a broad range of emergency topics featured on Access Emergency Medicine—a $595 value